May 2013 – Debate Alliance Offers Opportunity for Dallas ISD Students, WFAA.com — View on WFAA.com
January 2013 – George W. Bush Center Economic Debate, in Partnership with the Dallas Urban Debate Association
Dan Pallotta: The Way We Think about Charity is Dead Wrong
- Philanthropy is the market for love.
- When you prohibit failure, you stunt innovation.
- What we need to think about next year for the Prince Henry Foundation: What’s the important overhead to help us grow?
- Investment in fundraising raises more funds. We should not shun large but purposeful overhead costs if they are making the entire pie bigger (yielding more money, even with the high cost of running the foundation).
- This is what happens when we confuse morality with frugality (the “crucifixion” of Dan Pallotta’s company)
- We don’t want our generation’s epitaph to say, “We kept overhead low.” We want it to say we changed the world because we thought about the world differently.
- Don’t ask people about their overhead. Ask about the scale of their dreams.
60 Minutes: Geoffrey Canada & The Harlem Children’s Zone
60 Minutes: Geoffrey Canada & The Harlem Children’s Zone (video)
60 Minutes Web Extra: Lost Boy (video)
60 Minutes Web Extra: The Hot Seat (video)
List Project Letter to Matt Boulay